Friday, September 24, 2010

Why Real estate

So why real estate you ask?
Because I've been doing it since I was 17 and because it makes perfect sense to me. also:
- you can't lose if you do your homework
- real estate is the only sure investment that will always appreciate
- rent increases are inevitable
- safest place to park cash, much safer than banks
- only industry I know of that you can make 2k-100k without ever spending a penny (BTW that's the program I'm on)
- and more than anything I think the biggest appeal is that there aren't too many "real estate investor days" that require you to "work" when you don't want too. - once you own enough properties to have a livable income all you really need is monthly checkupks with your property manager.

Oddly enough I have never had any great success in it. I've gone from being an agent in NYC to working with a bunch on different investors on their projects, but never on any of my own investments. So here we go, with 8+ years experience on my back, I'm going to strive for guru status! I know it will be a long journey and there is a gang of things to learn, but I'm on board for all of the potential this game has to offer.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.1

No comments:

Post a Comment